THIS WEEK, Mesquite Community Theatre announced auditions for their upcoming production of To Gillian On Her 37th Birthday by Michael Brady. Directed by Brad Stephens, auditions will be held over two evenings in February at the Mesquite Arts Center.
DAVID is in perpetual mourning for his wife, killed two years ago in a boating tragedy on her birthday. Retiring to his summer cottage in Nantucket with his teenage daughter, David prepares to spend a weekend celebrating Gillian’s life on the anniversary of her death. Joining them is Gillian’s sister, brother-in-law and a woman from David’s past. But while his family hopes to lure him out of his grief, David has resurrected his wife in his mind, sinking ever deeper into his fantasies and further from those who care for him.
The character breakdown is as follows:
- DAVID, age 37, a college professor, temporarily retired
- RACHEL, age 16, David’s daughter
- CINDY, age 16, Rachel’s friend
- PAUL, age 38, David’s brother-in-law, married to Esther
- ESTHER, age 39, David’s sister-in-law, a psychologist, married to Paul
- KEVIN (female), age 28, friend of Paul and Esther, recently divorced
- GILLIAN, age 35, David’s former wife who died in a sailing accident two years prior to the events of the play; Esther’s sister
Please use the above as a guideline as the director is casting characters rather than ages. Anyone even remotely close to character descriptions are encouraged to attend the auditions scheduled at 7:00 PM on Monday, February 9 and Tuesday, February 10, 2009.
The Mesquite Arts Center is located at 1527 N. Galloway Avenue in Mesquite, one mile South of Highway 80 on Galloway at Range Drive. Auditions will consist of cold readings from the script. No appointment is necessary. Bring head-shot and resume if available. Interested parties are encouraged to RSVP on FaceBook by clicking this link.
Rehearsals will run Monday through Thursday from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM beginning Wednesday, February 18, 2009. Performances begin April 10, 2009 and run through April 25. Please visit the Mesquite Community Theatre website for more information or call 972-216-8126.
One response to “‘Gillian’ Auditions Announced”
See you on Monday